Friday, July 17, 2009

GREAT NEWS!!

Ok, I have a concrete good and wonderful thing which has happened to me because of the Obama administration. The homeowner's assistance program. It's been difficult adjusting to being a single mother. The bills didn't magically cut in half just because Jim stopped contributing money to the household. I am only now actually making enough money to pay all of my bills. The problem is getting caught up from when I was NOT making enough money. Fortunately, my church helped me stay out of foreclosure, but I have been in default for a long time.

Prior to the Obama thing, the only thing Chase wanted to do was INCREASE my mortgage payments. Like that's going to help!! With this new bill, they immediately CUT my mortgage by 600 per month for 3 months, while I fill out paperwork and they figure out how best to help me get caught up and staying in my house. They will probably lower my interest rate and add a year or so to the end of my mortgage term to roll the behind payments into and lower my monthly payments permanently. If they keep my mortgage at 1200 per month, I will be able to get caught up, save some money and not have to take in any more roommates when Donna is gone.

I have worried about how things would work out without the income from her rent and the care I give her. Granted, I would go back to pharmacy full time, which pays double what the state pays caregivers, but I probably still would have to take in a roommate to make the 1800 payment. I have been trusting God would work things out, I just didn't know how. It is a real testimony builder that there are solutions to problems out there that we cannot even begin to imagine. Just because I can't figure out how it will work doesn't mean there isn't a way for it to work. My job is to keep my eyes and ears open and watch for opportunities. Opportunity may knock, but we have to open the door!

No comments: