Friday, July 17, 2009

Back from the Brink

As many of you know, I'm the caregiver to a close friend who lives with me. She has been very, very sick since my last post in April. I have pretty much let everything go except caring for her, my daughter and work. Even then, I still managed to get pneumonia twice myself, this last time pretty badly.

Once again, Donna has beaten the odds, and is medically stable again. It isn't really possible for her to get "well" again, but we are hoping she will get well enough to go on a few day trips this summer. She is having platelet and hematacrit problems, as well as chronic infections. She's one tough cookie though, and she's not done living yet. I am really grateful, as she has been a pillar in my process of recovery from this divorce. I know I wouldn't be nearly as healthy, or happy, as I am becoming, were it not for her love and support.

I have also recovered from my illnesses, and am back at working 2 jobs, and I have hope that someday my house will be clean again. It is common knowlege thta I am NOT MARTHA. I am the messy artist type, a diehard collector, clutterbug, and I don't dust. I have way too much stuff, and am only now learning to get rid of some of it. I sold on ebay for years, but their new fee structure and rating system make it harder for a small person to be successful. Also, more importantly, I really don't have the energy to be a pharmacy technician 100 hours per month, a caregiver 180 hours a month, a mom, AND sell on ebay. Not unless I want to crash and burn again.

So, for now I am sitting on the boxes of stuff I need to sell. They'll still be there, along with the bills I will pay with the money. Thanks for everyone's support and prayers.

No comments: