Friday, July 17, 2009

Focus Friday

Thrifty and Chic Mom has a Focus Friday Challenge/Support thing going. It sounds like a GREAT idea to me. Especially after getting so behind on EVERYTHING in my life during the past 3 months Donna has been so sick, I have a bad time with procrastination and becoming exhausted and giving up just from thinking about what I have to get done. Taking things in small bite sized pieces would be much more productive.

Here's what she has to say about Focus Friday's. I also have her button over on my sidebar so you can check her site out for yourself. I want to get serious about coupons and sales to make my money go farther, and she is a great resource for this.

"New to Focus Friday here is the scoop: As we enter a new year everyone, myself included, has a list as long as their arm of things they want to accomplish. So I have decided to hold myself accountable by choosing one thing to focus on each week. It can be big or small, it doesn’t matter just as long as I specify what it is and get it done.So each week I will post my focus for the upcoming week as well as give a recap of how my week went with the previous focus. Now here is the fun part, I want you to join me on my little focus challenge. Grab my fancy button from above and post it along with your Focus Friday each week on your own blog. Then come and leave your link here in the Mr.Linky below. I promise if you participate that I will cheer you on and help you to stay focused and please do the same for me and all the participants. If you don’t blog just leave your focus in a comment below."

This next week I will be focusing on:

-getting and keeping my floors clean
-getting and keeping the kitchen counters clean
-taking care of snail mail backlog -- incoming
-sending some late packages and swaps -- outgoing
-making special time for my daughter and I
-making special time for just myself

It's all pretty basic stuff, but basic is where I need to start. What are you going to focus on?

Focus Friday

3 comments:

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

Thanks for joining in the fun, starting with basics is the best way to go. I still have weeks that are just general maintenance! Good luck with your list.

MyLinda said...

Good luck with your tasks! The basic stuff is sometimes the stuff that gets overlooked if we don't plan for them :-)

Erica said...

This is a great place to start. Good luck this week!