Monday, August 12, 2013

Still around and Sewing Barefoot!

Ok, I'm still not posting regularly, but I'm working on it.  I have sewn a few pieces of clothing since I posted last.   They have all been upcycling projects, for my granddaughter and grandniece.  

The must recent project was a pair of leggings for my 2 year old niece which I made from a small tshirt which sports a zebra on the front.  The zebra now goes across and around one leg, while the other leg is plain white.  I was hoping to get some of the print on each leg, but the shirt was  to small to give me much choice in placement. I am really happy, they turned out really cute!!

                  
I also made a  a layered ruffle skirt made from parts of 2 different bed skirts, one battenburg lace and the other flowered.  This took much longer than I thought it would, but I have since learned an easier way of construction a ruffle skirt, so next time it should be easier.


My next project is this adorable little tank top made from a lightweight sweatshirt that sported a pretty rose.  I used bias tape around the underarm curve, leaving enough to tie them into bows or knots at her shoulder.  This one was really easy to make.


The final piece is a dress made for my granddaughter out of a beautiful vintage bedsheet.  Unfortunately, she hasn't grown as fast as I thought she would.  It looks like it may fit next year.  I made it from a pattern, which I can't find right this minute or I would give you the number.  It is a simple aline jumper with buttons at the shoulders.  Isn't she just the cutest thing ever?


I have a pile of clothes my 14 year old daughter has outgrown, and I am trying to decide which one to turn into toddler attire next.  Till next time, Fran AKA The Barefoot Seamstress.

1 comment:

Couponcodeshero said...

You are extremely talented!